Monday, March 3, 2008

Wow, What A Ride!

When I was a part of a Christian motorcycle ministry I read something that really stuck with me.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body—but rather a skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, ‘Wow, what a ride!’ ” —anon.

This is the kind of life I want…
I don't want to sit on the sidelines and watch life go by having regrets of not doing what GOD wants me to do. I want to be out there full-throttle for GOD .

I was a founding member of a christian biker ministry and I miss it. Praying with people during Tuesday night visitation, witnessing at the monthly bike night in Plant City, FL and assisting other churches start a biker ministry of their own is an awesome thing to be a part of. The patches on my vest boldly declared that I am a christian and I wore it everywhere I rode. It helped me stay accountable for my actions while wearing these "colors" because there was no hiding my FAITH. My question to you is do you have such a commitment to Christ that you would wear this vest to work where your co-workers could see it? Would you wear this vest to hang out with your friends? Would you wear this vest shopping? Do you wear you "colors" on a daily basis or only at church or a place where other christians are? I am not trying in anyway to state I am better than anyone I just want you to think about how you act in these places and have you been a good witness.

Everyday we are each challenged by the "world" to become more and more a part of it. We are bombarded daily by the negative things of this world whether it be the newspaper or the nightly news on TV it seems the world is falling apart. The key word there is "seems". There are so many positive things in this world but for some reason we all focus on the negative.

Saturday night my wife and I and some friends went and saw Mercy Me in concert at the Plant City Strawberry Fest. If you don't recognize the name of the band they sing "I can only imagine". All I can say is WOW! It wasn't just a concert to hear music but a revival. The lead singer told of losing his dad to cancer and all the challenges each person and their family have gone through over the years. His response to all the negative in the world and everything that has happened to them was "Everything that happens to us glorifies GOD." This is a difficult thing to understand but you must remember that GOD loves us and he does allow things to happen for a reason. We can't explain any of this but we must put our FAITH in him.

No comments: