Monday, March 10, 2008

Becoming "worldly.

Why is it sometimes so easy for us to become "worldly"?

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what GOD's will is—HIS good, pleasing and perfect will.

As you can tell by my previous entries I ride a motorcycle. I love to ride and have since I was a small kid leaning our Rupp minibike against the fence so I could pull start the engine. It took both hands and everything I could muster to pull that rope and get the engine started but once I got it started look out. Riding a motorycycle is just in some people's blood and mine is full of it.
Living in Florida gives me a unique opprotunity each year to go to Bike Week and Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach, FL. It's not the part of going into Daytona for the craziness, I enjoy the ride throughout Florida, from Brandon to St Augustine down A1A to Daytona and back. My preference is to take the back roads and enjoy the ride and scenery and good quiet time. No cell phones, no radio and no one to talk to. Perfect quiet time to reflect and relax. This past weekend we only rode 460 miles in 3 days last year it was 600 miles in the same time period so I am already jonesing for some more bike time.

This weekend I also had the opportunity to be a light to those who don't believe but what happened was I spoke and acted like the "world". Don't get me wrong I didn't do anything immoral but I didn't let the light of JESUS CHRIST shine thru me to those who won't see him any other way.

On the 3 1/2 hr ride home all I could do was pray and ask GOD to forgive me for the way I acted and the way I didn't act on HIS behalf. I felt ashamed of myself for not standing firm as I should have. I am always working toward making myself a better man by daily studying HIS word, praying and worshipping HIM. I asked GOD to give me the strength next time to not let my guard down, to not worry what my friends think of me or that I may make them uncomfortable. It should be my job to make them uncomfortable.

GOD has given each of us at birth a part of our heart that is missing. When we accept JESUS CHRIST into our hearts an amazing thing happens, HE is an exact fit. Those who have not accepted him feel this emptiness and try to fill it with "things" but it is never an exact fit. It may make them feel better for a small amount of time but they soon realize it doesn't fit right so let me try something else to fill this void in my life. Like a pair of shoes that look great on but don't quite fit right, after a while you have to take them off and find a pair that fits just right even though they don't look as great.

We should use every chance we have to make people realize that as Christians we have filled that void in our heart with JESUS CHRIST and we no longer need to be a part of this world. We must show others that once they accept JESUS into their hearts that they too will no longer feel this need for "things". HE will provide all our needs as 1 Timothy 6:17 states: Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in GOD, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.

My prayer today is that each and every person I come into contact with will see something different in me and realize it is JESUS CHRIST lives in my heart. I pray that GOD will continue to give me the courage I once had to stand firm in my FAITH and boldly proclaim he my LORD.

No comments: